Divine Creatures Jewellery uses a mix of gemstones, mother of pearl, delicate beads and findings.
All our silver is sterling silver and gold is double-plated 24K gold over sterling silver.
Our 24k double-plated gold over sterling silver is high quality.
Our chains, pendants, bracelets and rings are crafted using quality materials, but like most things, if you abuse them they may be damaged. To extend the life and maintain the condition of your Divine Creatures piece, we recommend the following:
We recommend our mother of pearl pendants to be placed on a peice of jewellery where they do not have much contact with hard pieces ( such as keyrings) as they are shell and can crack) .
- Remove jewellery before showering, swimming, playing sports, gardening or cleaning the house.
- Keep jewellery away from contact with salt water, sweat, chlorine, bleach, vinegar, ammonia, hairspray, perfume, cream cosmetics & cleaning products as these can make them appear tarnished or even remove the gold layer completely.
- Be mindful to avoid your jewellery catching on items of clothing or falling or making contact with hard surfaces. When chains get caught or pulled, they can break and hard knocks can damage pendants and findings.
- When not wearing your jewellery, store away from other items in a soft place such as a felt-lined box, a fabric pouch or simply wrapped in a soft cloth. This is especially important for our mother of pearl pendants.
- Store away from excess heat and avoid leaving jewellery in hot areas eg. in cars, on window sills, exposed outdoor areas.
- Gently wipe your 24K double-plated gold and sterling silver jewellery with a soft cloth to keep it clean and free of these elements which cause unavoidable oxidisation.
- Polishing is best done with a 100% cotton cloth or specialty polishing cloth (polishing not recommended on the double-plated gold jewellery).